Why Should I Volunteer?
There’s no single reason to become a Delaware County volunteer firefighter or EMT. Some of our members love the adventure, some want to protect the people and places they love, some enjoy the camaraderie of a firehouse or rescue squad family.
Whatever your reason, giving back to your community as a volunteer first responder comes with many benefits:
- The mission of keeping your family, friends, and neighbors safe provides a powerful sense of purpose. There’s no feeling like it.
- New skills and experience can help in all facets of your life, and may help you advance in or change your career.
- Working as a team creates a strong sense of belonging.
- You will build life-long friendships.
- You may receive a local tax break.
- Some fire/EMS companies offer free, on-site housing for volunteers.
Volunteer now! Lives Depend On It!